Sunday, March 3, 2013

The new journey is about to begin

What started off as an exciting date setting up ritual by mom and dad seems to be coming at an end now. Guy almost finalized, families met, talks happening... and so on. I have started to feel nervous and jittery now. Is he the right one? Yesterday everyone came to our house. And I ended up being left alone with the chirpy lot of brothers, sisters, jijaz and bhabhiz. That's when for the first time I got a glimpse of how would it be to live among total strangers. Understand and laugh at their humor, speak their language so you could fit in, inside you feel like crying and yearning for your own cousins but outside pretend as if you are really having fun.
A sigh of relief came when i realised that it wasnt only me who was trying to fit in. They too were trying to involve me in their talks. Every now and then, they would call my name. Make me sit in the middle of the group. Yet nothing can ever ever ever beat the feeling of own family sitting next to you.
Hope to feel the same thing there as well someday...

1 comment:

  1. Thats such a touching post...almost brought tears to my eyes.

    A new family takes time to get used to. My advice enjoy the process, take it slow, you are new and everyone knows you are new...take time to learn their ways, observe carefully and figure out one or two people amongst them whom you feel you connect better with and seek simple advice from them. Will make them feel more connected with you.

    remember you are an amazing girl and deserve all the happiness in the world.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete